Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sports Photography Workshop by Dharma Chandru

A workshop on sports photography happened at SmartShoppers, Egmore in Chennai on 19 Jan 2014.



Dharma Chandru, one of the Canon India’s Brand Ambassador and Photo Mentor gave the participants a rich information on the Hows, Whats, .,,,, of sports photography.

The workshop started at 8.30 a.m. and ended at 10.30 a.m., within such a short time, he gave us a very rich and non-googleable info about photography.

A time well spent and learned a lot of interesting things in photography...

Thank you Dharma Chandru Ji for such a knowledge packed session.

Thank you  SmartShoppers for putting efforts in sprucing up such a workshop that too for free.

Here is my trip story...

3.30 p.m. on 18 Jan
Yours truly bought the open (unreserved) ticket at Cuddalore rail station to travel to Egmore the next day for attending the workshop. 

2.05 a.m. on 19 Jan
Alarm rings. Little odd to get off from sleep. But managed to finish my bath and leave home at 2.55 a.m.

3.05 a.m.
Walked my way on the road and reached the rail station. It was very different to walk in the road as there were none around other than me in that odd hour. Train was expected to arrive at 3.10 a.m. But as the clock ticked past 3.20 there were no sign of train coming up.

3.30 a.m.
Wife gives a call of what happened. Assures her not to worry and train would arrive in another 5 minutes.

3.35 a.m.
Train arrived.

3.40 a.m.
The train chugs off from the station. I give a call back to wife and assured her.

I usually go in this Madurai-Chennai Superfast train because since its a bi-weekly train, there would not be any crowd. Seats are usually empty and I usually lie and have a good sleep. But, surprise this time was that the unreserved coaches came in fully packed. Should be so because of the end of Pongal holiday season. It was a little hard time to realize that I would not be able to have a good sleep this time. A seat was available and I traveled by sitting. No opportunity to lie down and have a good sleep.


7.40 a.m.
Train arrived at Egmore rail station. Hopping down, I went to the refreshment stall and filled up my hungry stomach with a set of Dosa costing Rs.20.

8.00 a.m.
The venue is less than a kilometer from the station and since there was ample time left, I preferred to walk down to go to SmartShoppers to attend the workshop.

8.30 a.m.
After asking nearly 5 people on the road, I reached down to the spot.

There was only a person inside with chairs arranged neatly for the participants to come and sit. Having checked with the person, I then settle down for the workshop to start.

More than 15 people came in and then came in Dharma Ji and workshop started off.

An interesting session it was. Came across bit and piece of information from Dharma which are not readily available on Google to dig out and learn. The real learning experience came to an end by 10.45 a.m.

There was a train - Mumbai to Karaikal Lokmanya Tilak Express - a weekly train available at 10.45 a.m. at Egmore to reach Cuddalore by 2.30 p.m. I was wishing this train to come bit late. Got a MTC bus to go back to Egmore rail station. To my luck, the train was expected to arrive toooo late at 1.05 p.m.

11.00 a.m.
Gave a call to my brother.
I had a medicine packet meant for my mum to be handed over to him.

I bought a train ticket and then proceeded my journey on the Chennai local EMU train till Palavanthangal. As bro came in, and as there was too much time left for my train to arrive, I went with him and reached Chennai home. Mum had just finished making Mutton Briyani. So, in another half hour, finished have a delicious food and started off.


The train should be departing Egmore by 1.10 p.m. and I planned to catch it at Tambaram wherein it should be arriving at 1.40 p.m.

Brother left me at Palavanthangal station and I now had to take a half hour  Chennai local EMU train journey to reach Tambaram rail station. Finally reached there at 1.50 p.m. It was a bit of anxious moment for me as I had the doubt - whether the train had left or still to arrive there. I could not confirm since there was no station master room on the platform in which south bound trains arrive (Platform No. 8/9)

By about 2.05 p.m. Vaigai SuperFast train arrived in this platform. So, I reached to the driverto know whether the Lokmanya Tilak Express train to Karaikal has left. It was a bit of peace to me as he assured that the train was yet to go past.

2.20 p.m.
The LT Express train to Karaikal arrived on the platform in Tambaram. This train is late that day by more than 3 hours.

Though train delays are a curse, it was a gift for me that day. I utilized that time to visit my brother's home. Parents and Grand parents are now staying there. So, this train delay gifted me to push in some time to have a short time with them. Mum's special recipe "Mutton Briyani" was a blessing that day. Mum's tasty recipe is hard to beat.

The train after a very short stoppage chugged out of the Tambaram rail station.

5.30 p.m.
Reached home.

The day was an interesting one. My learning of photography got an exponential peaking curve. This learning experience should be of help when I would be covering MRF Formula racing event next month at MMRT in Chennai.

Thanks Dharma Ji

Thank you SmartShoppers

1 comments:

Susan said...

I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Eminem is an American rapper and one of the most successful artists in hip-hop. As of 2020, Eminem net worth is now estimated to be $230 million.