Friday, July 12, 2013

Suriya joined Tae Kwon Do

Got to enroll my kid Suriya in 'Tae Kwon Do' last week.

Why Tae Kwon Do.... ?

I was into Karate long back during student days. But, have not pursued the martial art since the timings clashed with my academic. There was nobody to motivate or push me to go.

The benefit of pursuing a martial art is that kids who are regular, would not get into bad habit which is especially witnessed when they are crossing past their adolescence. Through systematic practice a person's physical fitness gets a boost as the whole body is exercised and the entire muscular system is activated. Beyond contributing to physical fitness, martial arts training also has benefits for mental health, contributing to self-esteem, self-control, emotional and spiritual well-being.

I was particular to get Suriya into Tae Kwon Do rather that Karate. Reason is that, Tae Kwon Do is a sport recognized by the Govt. of India and certifications won through the tournaments get greener points in sports category...

 And, thats Suriya practising the martial art on the first day (7 July 2013) into the class. The venue is St. Joseph's M.Hr.Sec School at Koothapakkam in Cuddalore. This is the same venue where I pursued my 3rd Standard during the year 1983.

0 comments: